EPF Passbook Download Online
Check your EPF passbook online here and also know to download the e-passbook. For the purpose of checking the passbook online first of all user needs to get himself registered with the member portal of the EPFO. The details required for registration includes your I-card like Aadhar card, voter Id, PAN Card etc, mobile number, Date of Birth, Valid E-mail ID. The online e-passbook facility can only be availed by those members whom employer has uploaded the ECR (Electronic Challan cum Return) for the wage month post 2012.
You can also check your balance using e-passbook. E-passbook is basically an online version of your PF status book which can be used to track the recorded transactions and PF status of the employee. The e-passbook displays all the transaction made in your PF account on month and date basis. E-passbook also contains additional information like Name and Date of Birth of the employee. This facility of Passbook is available only for the active members of Member portal. You could not find any passbook for the settled, inoperative accounts. You will also not be able to get any e-passbook for the account having negative balance.
This facility has been launched by EPFO (Employees Provident Fund Organisation, India) for EPF (Employees’ Provident Fund) beneficiaries and this e-passbook include their updated PF account status online. The new concept is known as EPF Passbook that allows active members to download their e-passbook multiple times in a month. The PF department is no longer going to provide any hard copy of your annual PF statement after the implementation of this scheme.
EPF commonly called PF is a retirement benefit scheme that is availed by the salaried employees of any private sector firm or limited company. The employee holds a valid EPF account where all his/her amount gets accumulated. In the EPF account of Employee both the employees and employer contribute to the Fund at the ‘rate of 12%’ of the basic wages (Basic), dearness allowance (D.A) and retaining allowance (if any) per month of the employee. The amount contributed by the employer is same as that of contributed by the employee. Thus, the total contribution to the account becomes 24% of the total monthly payment of the employee. So as of now to track the exact transactions that have been done to the account of the employee is done with the help of e-passbook. Therefore all the beneficiaries of EPFO India are in urgent need of e-passbook.
How to generate EPF Passbook
- Login to the member portal of EPFO through http://members.epfoservices.in
- Register to the member portal if not have registered yet using your mobile number and any ID card.
- Now after registration mention your mobile number and Date of birth.
- Add all the other required details and click on “GET PIN”
- After that you will get the Pin on your mobile phone via SMS.
- Now update the Pin on the link
- Login through your document and mobile number.
- Go to download e-passbook or EPF passbook.
- Select your regional PF office state.
- In PF office state select your concerned PF office where your account is maintained.
- Mention the PF code of your concerned company.
- Now mention your PF account number.
- Mention the name of the PF account holder.
- Again Click on “Get Pin”
- You will get the PIN on your phone and update the same on the link.
- Within three (3) working days you will get your passbook on the same page.
How to Download EPF Passbook
After generating your e-passbook using the above referred steps now follow the instructions given below to download the same on your computer in PDF format.
- First login to the member portal of EPFO.
- Click on the “Download EPF Passbook” option.
- As your passbook as already been generated so need to follow the above mentioned steps again.
- Just again click on Download Passbook and your passbook will be downloaded at your computer in the PDF format.
We hope EPF passbook information helping you. Also you can see EPF related information at our website like EPF balance status, UAN status, PF withdrawal form and EPFO rules. Drop your comment in the below comment box if you have any query.